March 2023 Additions and Revisions of Entities to the US EAR Entity List
On Thursday, March 2, 2023, the Biden administration added 37 companies to a trade blacklist.
On Thursday, March 2, 2023, the Biden administration added 37 companies to a trade blacklist. These changes included the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) amending the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) by adding entities in Belarus, Burma, China, Pakistan, Russia, and Taiwan.
The Entity List (supplement no. 4 to part 744 of the EAR (15 CFR parts 730-774)) identifies entities believed to be a risk to the US national security or foreign policy interests.
The Commerce Department, which oversees export controls, added these companies to the trade blacklist. These changes include Chinese companies BGI Research and BGI Tech Solutions, and the Chinese cloud computing firm Inspur, stating that they pose a "significant risk" to the US national security and contribute to the Chinese government surveillance program. Additionally, the ERC modified entries of ten existing Chinese entities on the EAR Entity List. These changes include:
- Nine aliases and nine addresses are added to the Beijing Institute of Technology.
- The license review policy of Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (BUAA) is modified from the policy outlined in § 744.3(d) to a presumption of denial; this modification is based on their contributions to China’s military modernization efforts; ten aliases and eight addresses are added to the entry as well.
- Two aliases and two addresses are added to the entry for the Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT).
- Two aliases are added to the entry for Harbin Engineering University.
- Nine aliases and nine addresses are added to the entry for Harbin Institute of Technology.
- Five aliases and six addresses are added to the entry for Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics.
- Five aliases and five addresses are added to the entry for Nanjing University of Science and Technology.
- Seven aliases and nine addresses are added to the entry for Northwestern Polytechnical University.
- Five aliases and four addresses are added to the entry for Sichuan University. Thirteen aliases and thirteen addresses are added to the entry for Tianjin University.
What is the EAR Blacklisted Entity List?
- DMT Trading LLC.
- FISCA Security & Communication Co., Ltd.,
- Ministry of Transport and Communications, and
- Naung Yoe Technologies Co., Ltd.
- 4Paradigm Technology Co., Ltd.,
- AIF Global Logistics Co., Ltd.,
- Aispeed Industry Ltd.,
- Arttronix International (HK) Ltd.,
- Baoding Giant Import and Export Co., Ltd.,
- Baoding Shimaotong Enterprises Services Co., Ltd.,
- Beijing Zhengyuan Chuangshi Consulting Co., Ltd.,
- BGI Research,
- BGI Tech Solutions (Hongkong) Co., Ltd.,
- Forensic Genomics International,
- Galaxy Electronics,
- Gaobeidian Kaituo Precise Instrument Co., Ltd.,
- Hongtai Electric Ltd.,
- Inspur Group Co., Ltd.,
- Jotrin Electronics Ltd.,
- Korchina Logistics (HK) Ltd.,
- Liang Ping Huang,
- Loongson Technology,
- Luo Dingwen,
- Nanjing colpak Mechanical Equipment Co., Ltd.,
- Nanjing Jiuding Refrigeration & Air-conditioning Equipment Co., Ltd.,
- National Research Center for Parallel Computer Engineering and Technology,
- Qingdao National Laboratory of Marine Science and Technology,
- Rayscience Optoelectronics Innovation Co., Ltd.,
- Sunton Tech Hong Kong Ltd.,
- Suzhou Centec Communications Co., Ltd.,
- Suzhou Centec Technology Co., Ltd., and
- Wuxi Institute of Advanced Technology.
- Abdul Razaq Asim,
- Add-On Technology,
- Dynamic Engineers, and
- Nanjing Jiuding Refrigeration & Air-conditioning Equipment Co., Ltd.
- DMT Electronics.
- Neotec Semiconductor Ltd.
This move builds upon prior US regulatory actions aimed at curbing China’s growth as part of the US national security and foreign policy. The US–China Tech War has escalated in the past five years. As a result, the US Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) continues implementing updates and additions to technology controls relating to China. Stay on top of such changes with Z2Data.
The Z2Data Solution
Z2data’s integrated platform is a holistic data-driven supply chain risk management solution, bringing data intelligence for your engineering, sourcing, supply chain and compliance management, ESG strategist, and business leadership. Enabling intelligent business decisions so you can make rapid strategic decisions to manage and mitigate supply chain risk in a volatile global marketplace and build resiliency and sustainability into your operational DNA.
Our proprietary technology augmented with human and artificial Intelligence (Ai) fuels essential data, impactful analytics, and market insight in a flexible platform with built-in collaboration tools that integrates into your workflow.